Friday, October 17, 2008

Will Robots Have Personality Someday

Business, Communication.

Are we destined to become robots - when you go through the drive through at a nearby fast food restaurant do you want a robot to take your order? Do we want our children to address us as yes sir and ma' am?


Wouldn' t you rather talk to a human that greets you like a person? - does anybody actually want to date the computer from the original star trek series? Are these things to become our destiny? What about something more than marriage? Will robots have personality someday? How far is this to go? There are no answers to this phenomena only a lot more questions.


What will become of the human touch? - with robots will anybody ever stand out from the crowd? Do we want robots to ask us how our day has went? Will there ever be a Purple Cow with robots? I did a lot of R and D on robots in the early days and I even attempted to build one now they are everywhere. Will robots be able to Service Customers some day? I work a part time job at a local fast food establishment to get out of the house and I was actually told that if I continued to converse with customers they would have to let me go.


To be honest I did not care much about the job because pay was sub standard, always on my, no breaks feet. - so many people have told me that they didn' t like the robots in all the establishments in todays times. I enjoyed being a person though. I apply this same principal in everything in life. I pride myself as being the Purple Cow of people, the one who stands out from the rest. I do not ever wish to become a robot. I have been programmed by life that I have lived can this be put into a robot? do not mean to just ramble on but I am trying to see advantages of the destiny that is becoming of us.


I have never seen a computer, much less anything else, that had a personality of any sort except for that which a human person has programmed into them. - can a robot personality become unique? can a robot have a personality? There was only self checkout available. no one asked me if I had found everything I needed. I just went to the local WalMart. It only wanted my money then it was goodbye. I bet a robot will never have on of those.


Now I did see a bagger that had on a funny Top Hat. - at least not intentionally. Can a robot ever do this? In the living room my kids are plating XBox live and are talking about killing a warthog and being mutilated by Banshees. What about just a computer? Will robots someday become self aware and recreate better robots?


Boy, I am just filled with nothing but questions these days. - why did i write this that is the question everybody should be asking themselves. I just wanted to give everybody something to think about

No comments: